|POSTED ON December 29th, 2011||50 COMMENTS||+ ADD YOUR COMMENT|
Instead of resolutions, I’m creating a list of things I’d like to see happen in 2012. Some are industry in nature, some professional, some personal. I encourage you to add yours in the comments, and check back occasionally throughout the year to see how we’re doing.
1) May 2012 be the year that passive aggressive status updates cease. It’d be so nice to see a status update from someone that simply says “I’m pissed off, I need to blow off some steam,” as opposed to “I wish that I lived in a world where people kept their promises and didn’t lie to get what they wanted while other people were left hoping that happens.” Passive-agressiveness helps no one. Don’t be a part of the problem.
2) May 2012 be the year that all of the self-appointed gurus, experts, and rock-stars fall off cliffs to their mangled, bloody deaths into the oceans of anonymity, thousands of feet below.
3) May 2012 be the year that the TSA either gets its shit together, or gets disbanded in favor of transportation security that’s actually effective, useful, and serves a purpose other than theater.
4) May 2012 be the year of the least amount of public information about any of the Kardashians.
5) May 2012 be the year where we all get smart enough to stop auto-linking every single niche social network to Twitter and Facebook. No one EVER needs to know that you’re ordering a mocha latte at Starbucks, or walking through the locker room at your gym.
6) May 2012 be the year that everyone becomes smart enough to realize that if the incident happens, even if there’s no one with a camera within a hundred miles, it’ll probably wind up online, and that the best way to avoid that happening is to make sure you aren’t part of the incident in the first place. This goes for anything involving alcohol, public nudity, arguments, or stuff that happens in a men’s bathroom.
7) May 2012 be the year that people learn the difference between “there,” “their,” and “they’re.”
8) May 2012 be the year that people stop using “password” as their password.
9) May 2012 be the year that people stop reacting to emails, posts, or tweets that purportedly comes from a friend, yet doesn’t seem to be written in the same language they normally use, and usually has a link that ends in .ru.
10) May 2012 be the year I learn to be a better listener .
11) May 2012 be the year that United Airlines puts flat-bed seats on their EWR-LAX run.
12) May 2012 be the year that I exceed 2011′s number of speaking and consulting gigs.
13) May 2012 be the year that HARO breaks over 1,000,000 users.
14) May 2012 be the year that DailyWorth, SnapGoods, Namely, Trippy, ScotteVest, Right Next Door, Pixability, and all the companies in whom I’ve invested and for whom I advise break out into the mainstream and earn a ton of money.
15) May 2012 be the year NASA the Wondercat gets a new brother or sister
16) May 2012 be the year more of us learn the value and pure joy in volunteering, donating, or helping others.
17) May 2012 be the year I have an incredibly great Ironman NYC, but may it also be the year that I stay HEALTHY, and don’t obsess over my weight, every bite of food I eat, or what morsel contains how many calories.
18) May 2012 be the year I finally take a honeymoon with my new wife.
19) May 2012 be the year that the world becomes a better place because of something each of us has done during it.
20) May 2012 finally be a year of peace, happiness, love, and prosperity for all of us.
Happy New Year, my friends. Thank you for being here.Tweet
PETER TO SPEAK
FOR THE NEWSLETTER